Are you excited to watch the 2022 tennis championships in England? Do you wish you could experience what it would be like to compete in a professional tennis championship? Now you can from the comfort of your own home or on the go with Matchpoint – Tennis Championships, available to play today for Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, Windows PC, and with Xbox Game Pass, PC Game Pass, and Xbox Cloud Gaming.
Kalypso, known for publishing strategy games on multiple platforms, has released its first-ever sports title. This game is a modern take on tennis, offering players a true-to-life on-court experience.
Become a tennis star
To begin, you’ll create your 3D tennis star. Besides customizing your look, you’ll also have access to a variety of rackets, clothing, and other gear from tennis name brands like Babolat, Yonex, Head, and more. You’ll also unlock special equipment as you progress and win competitive matches.
Beyond looks, you can customize your play style and techniques, including left-or right-handed, one-handed, or two-handed backhand, for a realistic playing experience.
Tactical focus and realistic gameplay
What makes Matchpoint different from other tennis video game simulators? Like Kalypso’s previous titles, this game focuses on tactical realism. You’ll have complete control of positioning and aiming; every swing and hit feels unique and satisfying. Enhanced player control combined with authentic ball physics realistically replicates a tennis match’s rhythm for a truly immersive experience.
As you play, you’ll master all the strokes and shots so you can choose the best technique for each rally. You can also study your rival’s moves, get to know their strengths and weaknesses, gaining a tactical advantage before you even pick a racket.
Play against the pros
Once you’ve customized your player, you can test your skills against tennis pros. The game features 16 real-life international tennis stars from the professional circuit, including Nick Kyrgios, Kei Nishikori, Amanda Anisimova, and two retired legends, Tommy Haas and Tim Henman.
You’ll go racket-to-racket with the pros as you compete in 65 tournaments across 26 stadiums around the globe. Each court has its own characteristics, so to succeed, you’ll need to study the arena and adapt your play style to grass, clay, and hard court, just like in real life.
Play with a friend
With the ability to take on opponents in local or online matches, you can double the fun by inviting a friend to play against you. One of the most advantageous features of Matchpoint is cross-platform gaming. If you prefer playing on your PC and your friend enjoys gaming on their Xbox, you can still hit the court together.
Practice makes perfect
In between matches, take advantage of the in-game coaching system and individual training modules to improve your strengths and diminish your weaknesses. You can also expand your tactics and skills with various entertaining mini-games.
Matchpoint – Tennis Championships is available now for Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, Windows PC, and with Xbox Game Pass, PC Game Pass, and Xbox Cloud Gaming. To learn more about the tennis simulator, visit the Microsoft Store.
Matchpoint – Tennis Championships
Matchpoint – Tennis Championships combines slick character animations, authentic ball physics and enhanced player control to replicate the realistic rhythm of the game – every swing and hit feeling unique and satisfying. Features: • Enter the world of professional Tennis: “Matchpoint – Tennis Championships” offers a deep career mode featuring a unique merit-based ranking system.
• Create your own 3D tennis star. Choose your look, fashion and play style with an array of customization options including true to life techniques such as left-or right-handed, onehanded or twohanded backhand.
• Dominate the court as a tennis professional. Matchpoint – Tennis Championships features 16 real-life international tennis stars from the professional circuit, including Nick Kyrgios, Kei Nishikori, and Amanda Anisimova.
• Master all strokes and shots in grand style. Determine the outcome of a rally by choosing the best technique for the time: top spin, flat, lob or slice shot.
• Take on opponents in local or online matches. Play against a cunning AI or face your friends and rivals on the court via local sessions and online cross-play.
• Study your rival’s moves and tactics. Watch your opponents and get to know their strengths and weaknesses to gain a tactical advantage before you even hit the court.
• Practice makes perfect: hire a personal coach to hone your skills. Buff your strengths and diminish your weaknesses with an in-game coaching system of individual training modules.
• Fine-tune your tactics in Practice and Mini-Game modes: Jump into a variety of mini-games to hone your perfect game and become a force to be reckoned with on the court.
• Compete in exhibition matches at spectacular venues around the globe. Each court has its own characteristics; study your arenas of play and adapt your game to grass, clay and hard courts.
• Replay mode. Breakpoint or deciding match point, capture your fiercest rallies on film and study the outcomes to improve your game.
Xbox Celebrates Marvel Studios’ Thor: Love and Thunder with the Goat Simulator Challenge
DJMax Respect V Available Today with Xbox Game Pass and PC Game Pass
Coming Soon to Xbox Game Pass: PowerWash Simulator, Last Call BBS, Escape Academy, and More